Friday, July 20, 2012

Slow-Cooker Vegetarian Chili With Sweet Potatoes


I know, I know, it looks a lot like some other soups I've made.  I may be in a rut.  But it's a good rut!

Slow-Cooker Vegetarian Chili With Sweet Potatoes
From RealSimple

Ingredients:
1 medium Red Onion, chopped
1 Green Bell Pepper, chopped
4 Garlic cloves, chopped
1 T. Chili Powder
1 T. ground Cumin
2 T. unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1/4 t. ground Cinnamon
kosher salt and black pepper
1 28-oz. can Diced Tomatoes
1 15.5-oz. can Black Beans, rinsed
1 15.5-oz. can Kidney Beans, rinsed
1 medium sweet potato (about 8 oz.), peeled and cut into 1⁄2-inch pieces
Go wild with toppings!  Sour cream, sliced scallions, sliced radishes, tortilla chips . . .

Directions:
Combine everything (except toppings) in slow cooker.  Cover and cook on high for 4 to 5 hours.  You're done!  God, I love slow cookers.

This time two years ago:  Grilled Pineapple Kebabs

No comments:

Post a Comment